Alpha Focus Highlight Patch
This patch allows the user to specify two distinct opacity values; one for the focused- and one for unfocused windows' background. This enables the user to spot the focused window at a glance.
The Alpha Highlight Focus Patch patch is based on the Alpha Patch, which is already applied in the patch file below. Most of the work has been performed by the original authors of the Alpha Patch.
Contributions + Bug Reports
Notes Alpha Patch
- Note that you need an X composite manager (e.g. compton, xcompmgr) to make this patch effective.
- The alpha value affects the default background only.
- The color designated by 'defaultbg' should not be used elsewhere.
- Embedding might fail after applying this patch.
- In i3WM, the focus event is triggered twice for one specific window on a workspace (root); hence the alpha values are applied twice which appears as blinking.
- The patch is applied both to a non-patched version and to a patched version of st and can be tried out here.
All versions (from old to new):
- st-alphafocushighlight-20191107-2b8333f.diff (attached)
- st-alphaFocusHighlight-20191107-2b8333f.diff (Github)
- st-alphaFocusHighlight-20191218-2b8333f.diff (attached)
- st-alphaFocusHighlight-20191218-2b8333f.diff (Github)
Authors of the Alpha Patch
- Eon S. Jeon - firstname.lastname@example.org
- pr - email@example.com (0.5 port)
- Laslo Hunhold - firstname.lastname@example.org (0.6, git ports)
- Ivan J. - email@example.com (git port)
- Matthew Parnell - firstname.lastname@example.org (0.7 port)
- Johannes Mayrhofer - email@example.com (0.8.1 port)
- Àlex Ramírez firstname.lastname@example.org (0.8.1 pre-multiplication fix).
Authors of the Alpha-Focus Patch
- Julius Hülsmann - <juliusHuelsmann [at] gmail [dot] com>
- glpub: Fix: erroneous color reset