This page contains two unrelated implementations of visual bell which are not compatible with each other. If you have one of them applied, remove it before trying the other.
=== Visual bell 1 ===
Briefly inverts window content on terminal bell event.
In order to be noticeable you might have to reduce the
xfps value in
config.h to less than equal the refresh rate of your monitor.
- Matthias Schoth - email@example.com
- Laslo Hunhold - firstname.lastname@example.org (git port)
- Alexis Ben Miloud--Josselin; panpo; alexisbmj+code at protonmail dot com.
=== Visual bell 2 ===
Briefly renders a configurable visual indication on terminal bell event.
- There are two variants available for download: basic and enhanced.
- The enhanced version file already includes the basic version in it, and supports the basic options too.
- Both variants can be applied with either
git am <patch-file>or
patch -p1 < <patch-file>.
- Visual bell is disabled by default, and can be enabled/configured via
config.h. If you already have this file, you'll need to add the visual-bell values by copying them from
config.def.h- which also includes their docs.
The basic variant supports:
- Invert the whole screen (default).
- Invert only the outer (border) cells for a less jarring effect.
- Configuring the flash duration (default: 100ms).
The enhanced variant:
This version experiments with a more graphical indication, by adding support
for rendering a filled circle (needs to be chosen at
config.h), which can be
- Position: any corner/edge, center of the screen, or anything in between.
- Size: relative to the window width or to the cell width.
- Colors: base and outline.
The enhanced variant allows, for instance, to render what looks like a LED indicator at a tmux status bar, with correct cell height, and can be positioned at the side/middle of a top/bottom bar, etc.
- Avi Halachmi (:avih) - https://github.com/avih