This page contains two unrelated implementations of visual bell which are not compatible with eachother. If you have one of them applied, remove it before trying the other.
=== Visual bell 1 ===
Briefly inverts window content on terminal bell event.
In order to be noticeable you might have to reduce the
config.h to less than equal the refresh rate of your
- Matthias Schoth - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laslo Hunhold - email@example.com (git port)
- Alexis Ben Miloud–Josselin; panpo; alexisbmj+code at protonmail dot com.
=== Visual bell 2 ===
Briefly renders a configurable visual indication on terminal bell event.
- There are two variants available for download: basic and enhanced.
- The enhanced version file already includes the basic version in it, and supports the basic options too.
- Both variants can be applied with either
git am <patch-file>or
patch -p1 < <patch-file>.
- Visual bell is disabled by default, and can be enabled/configured via
config.h. If you already have this file, you’ll need to add the visual-bell values by copying them from
config.def.h- which also includes their docs.
The basic variant supports:
- Invert the whole screen (default).
- Invert only the outer (border) cells for a less jarring effect.
- Configuring the flash duration (default: 100ms).
The enhanced variant:
This version experiments with a more graphical indication, by adding support
for rendering a filled circle (needs to be chosen at
config.h), which can be
- Position: any corner/edge, center of the screen, or anything in between.
- Size: relative to the window width or to the cell width.
- Colors: base and outline.
The enhanced variant allows, for instance, to render what looks like a LED indicator at a tmux status bar, with correct cell height, and can be positioned at the side/middle of a top/bottom bar, etc.
- Avi Halachmi (:avih) - https://github.com/avih