This page is to discuss and maybe add comments on the future of st.
- see the TODO file in the repository
- st should keep a pointer to the beginning of the oldest line, because we would like to keep lines and not part of them (pancake)
- Edit previous text in the terminal like in Plan 9 and 9term (jt_)
- add your feature request here
- have a working graphical terminal for terminal applications
- do no reimplement tmux and his comrades
- filters that change colour (should be done by tmux or something doing the higher layers in st)
- server to save sessions in case of X crash (should be done by dtach)
- unlimited scrollback buffer (done by dvtm)
- URL selecting/launching in browser similiar to vimperator’s mark mode and the
urxvt script (patch?) (possibly piped through something like plumb to
- This one is done by a simple shortcut in dwm which will launch your plumber on the current select buffer. St has easy select through double-click. This keeps the complex logic out of the st context.