Custom rendering of lines/blocks/braille characters for gapless alignment.
Graphic lines and blocks characters such as those used by
tmux etc sometimes align with gaps - which doesn't look very nice. This can
depend on font, size, scaling, and other factors.
Braille is also increasingly used for graphics (
etc), and may look or align nicer when rendered as "pixels" instead of dots.
This patch adds options to render most of the lines/blocks characters and/or the the braille ones without using the font so that they align perfectly regardless of font, size or other configuration values.
Supported codepoints are U2500 - U259F except dashes and diagonals, and U28XX.
- The download is a
git --format-patchfile. It can be applied either with
git am ..., or with
patch -p1 < ....
- boxdraw/braille are disabled by default and configured via
config.h. You may need to copy the boxdraw lines from
- boxdraw v2-0.8.3: no code changed. Only rebased and adds patch meta-info for
improved conflict resolution when
git am -3is used.
- boxdraw v2-0.8.2: adds shades, braille (U28XX), configurable bold.
- boxdraw (v1): U2500-U259F except dashes/diagonals/shades. Bold is thicker.
- Avi Halachmi (:avih) - https://github.com/avih